LA21 is a programme for society, private sector, and local authorities (city councils, municipal councils, district councils, town councils, town boards, local councils, rural boards) cooperate to plan and manage their surrounding areas towards stable development.
Through LA21, the local community can get involved to identify and do research on stable development issues, form action plan to handle these issues and implement that action plans.
This programme’s basic approach is the bottom-up approach or from grass root above. This means, local residents themselves will be involved in determining the action plan for their respective areas. For instance, local residents are involved directly regarding discussions, workshops or activities that are related with local issues.
Among the examples of issues that can be raised up are like issues on flood and drainage systems, environmental pollution, transportation and traffic, housing and social in community and many more.
WORK SCOPE OF THE KULIM MUNICIPAL COUNCIL LOCAL AGENDA 21’s MAIN COMMITTE
- Plan the programmes and activities that are related with Kulim Municipal Council LA 21 Programme.
- Observe the running of programmes and activities that are related with Kulim Municipal Council LA 21 Programme.
- Report the programmes and activities that are related with Kulim Municipal Council LA 21 Programme to the full council.
- Plan and arrange the annual programme that is related with Kulim Municipal Council’s LA 21 Programme.
FOUR MAIN THEME :
- “Save The Nature For Future Generation”
- “Neighbourhood Watch”
- “Healthy Living”
- “Caring Society”